Sunday, June 19, 2005

*whew*

CCK Family Camp -> Talking With God [11-14th June]

Woke up at 5. Loaded up & got into the car by 6:30am. Right on schedule.
Reached Utara Subang Jaya(USJ) in time for lunch with Aunty Rina & family before taking a short nap at their place and sitting through another 1½ hours of butt-numbing journey to Port Dickson[the mozzi haven]. YES. There were SO many mosquitoes!! And with me being sweet having sweet blood & slightly high metabolic rate, attracted 43 mozzies to suck to their hearts content… *bleahz!* *:P* [yeah.. Reuben counted with me.. hands and legs! *:S*]

Anyway, arrive d at Guoman Resort, met the Loke family, collected room keys and awaited the coach's arrival to "welcome" my roomie, Rebecca(Sec1). JieJie shared a room with Fiona(also sec1) because MeiMei was at GB Camp when we left and would halfway through our family camp, have to go for OBS[miss her so... *sigh*]... mmm... chose beds, briefing, PAW, then sessions... *:P*

Man, the speaker was great! The message was clearly God-planned and I believe all 70 of us -- wait. It’s 50 of us, since the children and Sunday School teachers & helpers sat out... -- were truly blessed and motivated to commit ourselves to serve our PaPaGod. *:)*
Well, basically, the sessions covered "Being Hungry for God", "The 3Ms of Praise & Worship -- Methods, Motivation & Might", "Asking, Seeking & Knocking"[they ARE different], "Hearing the Voice of God" & "Commitment that Jesus rejects". Hehe... I know I probably sound like a preacher or something but I really learnt A LOT. For example, hunger for Him would lead to appreciation & satisfaction in Him, then the want to fellowship with Him even more, & finally, resulting in victory in Him. Haha... I'm not expecting everyone who reads this to understand but... oh, well... just so excited... *paiseh*
Also, did you know that asking, seeking and knocking are three different things altogether? Asking has to do with faith and needs, seeking, PaPaGod's will, and knocking, breakthrough. Was really interesting the way Pastor Clement put the point across... Oh, I HAVE to say this... He is one GREAT joker!! Hahaz... must have heard at least 40 jokes and stories over the 5 sessions! Yeah... [you could ask me if you wanna know some of 'em... hehez... & I'll tryta tell those I remember in the hilarious way he told us… *:D*]

Well, so, other than the great PAW times led by Pastor May, Kenneth & Uncle Lawrence, the enjoyable yet powerful message brought to us by Ps Clement, one other interesting part about the camp were the meals..! yeah... haha... during each meal time, it just SO happens that one dish would be bad/spoilt! First it was the yellow watermelon, then the papaya, then the vegetables, then the yucki bitter cake!! *bleahz!* *:P* believe it or not, this happened! And I was *blur* enough to have two pieces of the papaya and cake before realizing something was wrong! Eh, actually I didn't realize it... BUT I shall consider Jesu telling me as me realizing... *paiseh*
mmm... other than that, the food was good... they served lamb, beef and even mutton too! Wah... now I know why the camp fees were so eXpensive! *:P*

Oh! Mmm... one not so kewl thing was turning on the tap to wash your face in the morning, then finding, to your horror, the water flowing onto your hands yellowish! Flush the toilet and you’d think someone just peed! *yikez!* NOT kidding. I've got nothing to say about bathing because I just didn't look. Not taking any chances of freaking myself out... *bleahz!* *:P* haha... but at least I survived! *:P*

O0oh... on to funner times. Really kewl. During the break times, JieJie, Fiona, Alicia, Amanda, Marcus, Shawn & I went swimming!! Hehe... My roomie went jet skiing with her family, just a stone's throw away from the resort. Turns out that although she seems so quiet and all, she's actually really sporty! Yeah... Anyone game for a soccer match with her? *winkz* hehe... well, aniwei, while swimming Shawn decided to try out jet skiing too, so his dad rented the jet ski for an hour, costing him RM180! Yeah... then Shawn invited Fiona, Alicia, JieJie & me to try it out... so, after payment, we each took turns clinging onto the camp commandant as he "took the wheel". Riding at top speed over the waves was just SO kewl... he brought me straight towards the setting sun for a few minutes before taking a left turn but as we moved nearer and nearer the sun, the sea just seemed to keep looming ahead and never end. OFCUZ we never reached it but the view of land from sea was breath-taking and just reminded me of how awesome my PaPaGod is... *:)*
So sad that each of us only got 20minutes to hug that dashing camp commandant, I mean, on the jet ski... *winkz* But it’s really an eXperience I'll never forget.. I was really apprehensive at first but the feeling of the wind blowing at your face, the view, the EVERYTHING was just so kewl that I didn't want to get off afterward... *bleahz!* *:P* hahaz... totally awesome! Hey, i AM adventurous after all! Hehe.. *:D*

mmm... so, besides the sand, sun and sea, I also played a table tennis match with Amos against his sister and her boyfriend, Lydia & Leonard won 1, lost 2... haha... eXpected! Cuz I just sorta picked up the sport that day! But it was fun... *:)*
well, free time was also taken up by the preparations for Family Night whereby group presentations would be recorded for viewing on the last day...

So each group drew lots to see whether they were to put up a 3minute MTV to a medley of 4 songs: Square Rooms(Retro), Too Sexy(Disco), ChoriChori(Indian) & Lonely No More(Pop)... Or to act out an advertisement promoting the Church Camp... hehez... *:D*
My group, under Uncle BakChai, and Lawrence Tern's group picked the MTV and Marcus' group got the advert... *:P*

The rehearsals were fun at first as the youth gathered to choreograph the dance moves to the compilation of eXcerpts from the songs... So it was finalized that the parents took the first song, followed by Thomas doing his famous solo, JieJie, Jesu & Aunty Sukuna taking ChoriChori, and the youth, Lonely No More(Rob Thomas)... *:)*
Well, things went on fine until the last rehearsal when I suddenly went into a foul mood... unforgiveness and issues from last December that hadn't really cleared up resurfaced and, yeah... *sigh* Glad I’ve taken control of myself now... something to add to my to-do list. Apologize to person offended... *sigh* mmm... fortunately the recording was alright, though... thanks to Shawn who accompanied me to the beach to 'let off steam'... *paiseh*
Mmm... Yeah... A memorable camp...

People I got to know more: Jeremy, Jolice, Janelle, Amanda, Fiona, Alicia, Rebecca, Shawn, Amos, Lydia, Thomas & JieJie Sheryl...
People I love even more: Mummi, Daddi, JieJie, MeiMei[although she's not here... poor girl, stuck at Pulau Ubin feeding mozziez... *bleahz!* *:P*]

Which reminds me, to update the count of mozzi bites again…
56. *argh* breakdown: left leg, 25... right leg, 18... left hand, 0... right hand, 13...
Wow... mozzies really like me, I guess... *bleahz!* *:P*
Aniweiz, I gotta rest...Gonna send my cousins to school tomorrow and the n go jogging with JieJie... hehez... *grinz* Nightz! *:)* btw, I just received a msg from someone... SWEET! Mmm... signing off!!

00:14:49
16th June 2005-06-16

P.S. i'm gonna overcome those two hurdles that PaPaGod tells me I will face! JiaYou, gurl... hehe... *:D*

-> stoical me <-